Hack Kosice: Official statement regarding the organisation of HK20
Košice, 20th August 2020
In light of the worsening conditions connected to the global pandemic, and in order to protect the safety of every participant of Hack Kosice 2020, the Hack Kosice organising team has decided to cancel all on-site participation.
This decision is a natural outcome of long discussions within the team, but also with relevant health authorities such as:
- local medical care centres and other health professionals
- ÚVZSR and RÚVZKE (local and national health bodies)
- members of the Crisis Management Team of Ministry of Interior Affairs
It is in our best interest to ensure the safety of every participant and to enable them a full experience of HK20. Hence, the Hack Kosice team is currently developing a plan which would enable each and every hacker to have an extraordinary experience.
As a result, we can present you a revamped Hack Kosice 2020, which will:
- be accessible for hackers from all around the world through its online platform and will enable you to network with Sponsors and other Hackers very easily
- bring the first-hand feeling of the hackathon through a 24 hour live stream filled with Speeches, Workshops, Fun Activities, Live HK Cam, and many more
- bring you fantastic challenges from our Sponsors to challenge your innovativeness and bright thinking
- deliver various perks such as swag, food vouchers and more to truly mirror the spirit of on-site hackathon
Hack Kosice 2020 has gone through some rough times, but a bright future awaits only those who can adapt and change. And so we did. Come and join us!
Project Lead | Hack Kosice